Anonymous asked: CT and Wash stuck in a 7-11 overnight
"It said that it’s open 24 hours!" Wash sank down to the floor, leaning against the chips rack.
"Yes, well, days here are 32 hours," Connie said, looking quizzically at the wall of preserved baked snacks.
"It was an honest mistake. They should check for customers before they lock up. That’s just good business sense."
"Yeah, you’ll tell the seventeen year old when he lets us out in the morning, as long as he pauses his music long enough to hear you lecture him about business integrity. Here." She threw him something called a Honey Bun that was practically solid with melted sugar.
"We haven’t paid for this," he said, catching it and reading the wrapper despite his own better judgement. "Maybe we could call someone, a manager…"
Connie rolled her eyes, turning to lean down and come face to face with Wash. “Or you can embrace your mistake and realize we’re here for the next six hours, and pay for the food later.” She patted Wash’s left shoulder heavily. “Chin up, Wash. We’ve got all this high quality food to keep us from starving.”
Wash looked pleadingly at the metal gate. “Maybe we could pick the lock?”
Connie laughed. “We?”
"Alright, maybe you could pick the lock.”
Connie smirked at him, reaching past his ear for a bag of cheddar chips. “Yeah, but where’s the fun in that?”
It’s CT appreciation week!
So send me CT-centric prompts! :D
third wheeling two girls who are best friends is so much worse than third wheeling a couple
you can just tell that Nicki Minaj is the kind of person that when you’re telling a story and everyone else in the group is talking over you, she’s making direct eye contact with you and paying extra attention so that you don’t get discouraged and stop mid-story
Anonymous asked: you're not in charge of every appreciation week but you'll go around telling the va's about your appreciation weeks and no one elses like you're the one in charge and in control of the whole thing? cute. almost as cute as when you said you're only helping to organize it after your friends said you should after you suggested doing it. you're pathetic
reeberry is organizing 479er week.
So nope not me. I just put it down on the calendar. As requested.
Thats all this is. Im not involved in any organization: Im just writing down as people asked me to.
Wow, way to say classy, tumblr anon.
Here’s a newsflash for you: Twitter is a totally public platform that anyone can use to get in touch with the VAs at any time. Especially about appreciation weeks that the organizer (hey, that’s me!) has been enthusiastically talking Niri’s ear off about for the past week.
So basically, fuck off. If you are passionate about a different character appreciation week, then show it positively and proactively rather than passive-aggressively in the inboxes of people who are nice and positive influences in this fandom.
These are forms of male aggression that only women see. But even when men are afforded a front seat to harassment, they don’t always have the correct vantage point for recognizing the subtlety of its operation. Four years before the murders, I was sitting in a bar in Washington, D.C. with a male friend. Another young woman was alone at the bar when an older man scooted next to her. He was aggressive, wasted, and sitting too close, but she smiled curtly at his ramblings and laughed softly at his jokes as she patiently downed her drink. ‘Why is she humoring him?’ my friend asked me. ‘You would never do that.’ I was too embarrassed to say: ‘Because he looks scary’ and ‘I do it all the time.’
Women who have experienced this can recognize that placating these men is a rational choice, a form of self-defense to protect against setting off an aggressor. But to male bystanders, it often looks like a warm welcome, and that helps to shift blame in the public eye from the harasser and onto his target, who’s failed to respond with the type of masculine bravado that men more easily recognize.
- fun fact: Natasha hacks into any official document that says “captain america” and puts in “grandpa frisbee” instead
- On more than one occasion, Steve has woken up in the morning to find himself behind the glass in an exhibit of the smithsonian Museum of Natural History, and looked over to see Nat laughing on the other side.
- Nat makes a very official-looking sign for Steve’s fridge that says, “ICE MAY BE HAZARDOUS TO SUPERSOLDIERS”
- Nat buys Steve LifeAlert
- Whenever Steve says something about patriotism, America, or freedom, Nat plays the national anthem on her phone
- Nat has a huge poster of george washington on a dinosaur printed out and puts it on the ceiling above Steve’s bed
- when Steve is trying really hard to concentrate on something, Nat comes behind him and pops bubble gum right next to his ear
- Nat gets steve a shirt that says “specimen” on it
- Natasha uses Steve to open jars
- Sometimes Natasha asks Steve if he wants to go to the gym with her partially because she likes seeing the looks on the other buff guys working out there who Steve makes look bad
- When the avengers go hang out at the beach, Steve nods to Nat in her bikini and says, “hey. you look terrible,” with a grin, and Nat smiles back.