suddenly, Round Robin
reeberry asked you:
Church never got the hang of possessing someone and looking through their memories. It was always high pressure situations of on the spot jumping into someone else’s skin, intense focus, and no time to wonder about their name or their family back home or when their first kiss was. But when he jumped into Wash, in those last few minutes, the Freelancer’s memories opened up like a book. It could have been force of habit, but Church got the feeling that Wash was *showing* him, like a proud child.
Connecticut wasn’t a surprise, really, although the vividness of the memories coupled with Wash’s uncaring affect was. Church thought ‘this guy actually got a girl once?’ and ‘naming them all after states was the hokiest thing that old man ever thought of but it does have a ring to it’, and ‘dude, it’s crowded in here’. Wash’s mind seemed to shift. Never a stable landscape, it showed pictures and feelings that almost overwhelmed Church. Maybe this was why Wash was so OCD on the surface. But there was also that pride in his mental landscape, a straight-shouldered kind of demand to be heard.
All Church said was, “You know I can see why you didn’t want anyone else in your head. Got some pretty heavy stuff going on there.”
“Don’t touch anything,” Wash said firmly.
“Finally got the place how you like it, huh?” Church said, the new experience still grating. Through the waves under his feet came the waves of memories, bombarding his mind, glowing fondly as they showed the other agents, his friends. Glowing fondly with happy images, vivid memories, instances Wash cherished to keep for himself.
Next came the wave of feelings associated with the scenes. If Church still had a body, he would have staggered back at the sudden dump. It had been like that since he came through, but, still, every time it caught him by surprise. Under that current of apathy Wash had built up lay a carefully laid out web of vibrant emotion, probably inaccessible even to Wash’s conscious mind. It was there for a second, long enough to wind the breath Church didn’t need or shouldn’t have been holding out of his body, and it was gone again, just as quickly, just as violently.
He supposed it was normal for the agent to give himself so completely to any mental intruder. A reaction hammered into him by the Director, a habit he never had to break because he never thought it’d come up again. (Or maybe it was a remnant of a defeat, a lack of fighting in a battle that Church wasn’t even aware of, despite being the attacker.)
“Something like that,” Wash said.
- leioll likes this
- leioll reblogged this from thlix
- thlix reblogged this from redvsbluequotes
- kiminitodokenai likes this
- reeberry reblogged this from completelysane and added:
- reeberry likes this
- rrrespawn likes this
- ichidou reblogged this from completelysane and added:
- alexiorsay likes this
- a-coward-with-coffee reblogged this from completelysane
- completelysane reblogged this from reeberry and added:
- kitsipawn reblogged this from redvsbluequotes
- pinktux-totheprom likes this
- momentia likes this
- shinigamivii likes this
- redvsbluequotes reblogged this from reeberry
- rabbitymonster likes this
- curlyparmesan likes this
- darn-semen reblogged this from reeberry
- a-coward-with-coffee likes this
- mesheme likes this
- timeless-alice likes this
- queen-of-france reblogged this from ichidou
- mikallen likes this
- meganrme reblogged this from ichidou
- meganrme likes this
- ichidou likes this
- reeberry said: dwejkHRUIEWQHJDWLSA Nem I LOVE YOU. *cracks knuckles* My turn, maybe? :D
- completelysane posted this