Posts tagged :).
May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you’re wonderful, and don’t forget to make some art — write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself.
shaherazade-21c asked: Name 2 things you like about yourself, then pass it on to the first 10 people on your dash. #TeamSelfEsteem
This is so overdue but ok. So.
I really like how my legs look. Like, pretty much all the time. Especially in heels.
I’ve been looking at pictures of myself often lately, because my friend is a photographer who takes a bunch of pictures of me. And I can look at pictures, both head shots and pictures where I can see the shape of my body, and in both cases I’m more happy than critical. Which is such a wonderful improvement to have.
Again, as a rule, I don’t like doing chain things. So, everyone who took the time to read this should reblog this and comment or message me with two (or more) things that are awesome about you!
texelations asked: Name 2 things you like about yourself, then pass this on to the first 10 people on your dash. #TeamSelfEsteem
I would make myself a medal for procrastination, but that’d require future planning. Seriously, though, I’m currently cleaning my room/bathroom/etc, and it’s been a long time coming but it feels so nice to do, daunting or not.
Every once in a while I get a bout of exceptionally girly feelings. I predict by tomorrow night, I’ll have painted nails and possibly even wear makeup to dance for the first time in I-don’t-know-how-long.
- Harry Potter: Tell us about a scar on your body
- Hermione Granger: What is your favorite book, how many times have you read it, and why do you love it?
- Ron Weasley: Something you're afraid of?
- Luna Lovegood: One thing that makes you different from everyone else.
- Fred Weasley: Can you do any magic tricks? What is the best one you can do? If you can't do any, what's the best one you've seen?
- George Weasley: What is the best prank you've ever played on someone?
- Neville Longbottom: Tell us an embarrassing story.
- Narcissa Malfoy: Do you have a good relationship with your family? Who are you closest to?
- Voldemort: If you were to create a Horcrux(s), what would it be and why?
- Bellatrix Lestrange: Have you ever loved someone who could never love you back?
- Ginny Weasley: Have you ever been in love with an unexpected person?
- Hedwig: If you went to Hogwarts, what kind of pet would you bring? (ex: cat, owl, rat, frog)
- Draco Malfoy: Is it better to be feared or to be loved?
- Rubeus Hagrid: What is your favorite mystical creature?
- Dolores Umbridge: Make a list of rules that your family (or whoever you choose) would have to follow if you made the rules.
- Lucius Malfoy: What is your most prized possession?
- Molly Weasley: What is the proudest moment of your life?
- Dobby: Who are you most loyal to?
- Sirius Black: Have you ever been accused of doing something you didn't do?
- Argus Filch: What's the worst job you've ever had?
- Dudley Dursley: How many presents do you usually receive on your birthday?
- Peter Pettigrew: Are you a leader or a follower?
- Cedric Diggory: Have you ever had a near death experience?
- Albus Dumbledore: What is the greatest obstacle you have ever overcome in your life?
- Minerva McGonagall: What is your favorite spell?
- Severus Snape: Are you a trustworthy person?
- Remus Lupin: If you transform into any one animal or creature, which one would it be?
- Uncle Vernon: What is your favorite day of the week?
- Mad Eye Moody: Who is the bravest person you know?
- Arthur Weasley: What do you think is the best "muggle" invention?
- Professor Sprout: What is your favourite class that is offered at Hogwarts?
- Nymphadora Tonks: If you could change one thing about your appearance what would it be?
- Moaning Myrtle: What is something that always makes you cry?
- James Potter: Would you risk your life to save someone you truly love?
- Lily Potter: What color eyes do you have?
- Professor Trelawney: Have you ever dreamt something was going to happen and then it happened?
- Mr. Ollivander: What would your wand look like?
- Lavender Brown: Who is the last person who texted and have you ever had a crush on them?
- Cho Chang: If you were on the Quidditch team, what position would you play?
- Aunt Petunia: What is your favorite flower?
Goin’ to bed now because otherwise all you guys will get is keymashes of my face asleep on the keyboard. Will answer all messages re: memes of all sort (the most recent ones and the art ones and the other older ones) tomorrow in between job application filling out. Like a boss. Good night, lovelies <3
creative process meme!
i originally thought up these questions for writers, but then i realized that they can really apply to anything - artists, composers, whatever. idk about you guys but i love to talk about my process so yeah
- red: is it hard for you to think up new ideas? list three of your biggest influences.
- orange: what do you do when you’re inspired? do you scream eureka, write the idea down in a notebook, what?
- yellow: what do you do when you’re stuck in a block? list three sources of inspiration when new ideas are scarce.
- green: how do you flesh out an idea? does it take a long time, do you mull over it for hours, or does it come easily? describe the process!
- blue: depending on your form of art, what are some of your favorite ways to characterize, add detail, design, establish a settling, or otherwise elaborate on the piece? are you fond of world-building, or does that pose a problem for you? (customize this question if you’re an artist or otherwise)
- indigo: picture of your workspace!
- violet: describe your work habits. do you eat? do you need music? are you messy or organized? do you keep a notebook? how long can you work at a time? etc.
- silver: what’s the hardest part of a piece for you? (plot, background, etc)
- gold: the easiest?
- black: what is your least favorite part of the creative process?
- white: your favorite?
- rainbow: do you believe in true originality?
- brown: what does it take for you to honestly be proud of something?
- pink: what is the most rewarding part of being a writer, artist, etc?
- magenta: what drives you the most insANE?
if you guys are even curious at all, i guess! ‘v’
i like this meme a lot?!
I like these questions :D
How did you find my blog?
-holds up flaming bottle while addressing the loneliness demonds squatting on Reeberries!- HEY. *ASSBUTT*. D8
CROW I DON’T EVEN
That made me laugh way too hard!
Thank you <3 <3 <3
RvB: Birthday (for Nem! :D)
"It was yesterday," Connie said easily with a shrug, pouring herself a glass of water.
"You’re lying," Wash said with a disbelieving smile. "I’ll go into your file and find out," he threatened, slightly convincingly.
"But Wash!” she said, feigning shock. “Surely that’s against protocol!” She grinned at his good natured frown. “Why do you want to know, anyway?”
"It’s your birthday, Connie. I should know these things."
"Would you bake me a cake?"
"No," he admitted with a grin. "And you can check with York how grateful you should be about that. I even burned pancakes once."
"Right, thank you, my savior," she said, matching his small grin. "Then why do you want to know?"
He sat up, leaning forward with all manner of attention. “I’d get you a present.”
"Really? A present?"
"It’s what you do for birthdays, right? So I’d get you a present."
Connie walked over and sat down in the chair across the table from him, leaning on the furniture to bring her face closer to his. “And what would that present be?”
"Nope," he grinned. "You have to wait to find out."
"What…if I told you my birthday was today?"
"I’d demand proof."
"And if it was yesterday?"
"You’d have to wait another year."
She stared at his face, so smiling and smug, and dug into her pocket. Her fingers came out with a laminated military ID card and she held it next to her face, the boring side facing him.
He reached across the table and she twitched for a moment, moving back to make him chase her, but his fingers had closed on the object already.
He looked it over as she said, “I didn’t lie, Wash.”
"Guess not. Well, just three hundred and sixty four days to go."
She frowned at him but it twisted and curved into the smile she was trying to hide as the card was snatched back from his hand. “Day is a vestigial mode based on solar cycles,” she quoted and her smile widened at his instant, involuntary reaction. “It’s not applicable.”
"Alright, fine," he conceded and moved to get to the bag he had brought in the room with him. "But only because it was your birthday yesterday."
"Only because I quoted Firefly, you mean."
He couldn’t help but grin as he added “that helped.”
She sat in the chair, leaning over as he carefully extracted a thin rectangular package from his bag. He slid it across the table with a smile as she unwrapped it, not bothering to follow form or social grace as she tore at the newspaper around her gift seemingly at random. When the destruction was done, she looked at the product in her hands.
"It’s a map of Connecticut," Wash said when she just stared at the fold-out map. "It was the most detailed one I could find."
"I know you like looking at maps but all anyone ever has around here are maps of all fifty states, or really general ones-"
"-so I got you a specific one, just of you, your state."
"You like it?" he asked with a smile. She looked up at him, her face honest.
"Happy Birthday, Connie," he said, leaning back in his chair.
"Yeah," she said, staring at her present and caressing the paper edges. "It really was."
mental note. also, the value of pride
I need to stop undermining myself, dammit.
I quoted myself because I was proud of what I wrote. Not because I’m narcissistic or conceited or think I’m the shit.
Because I’m proud.
It’s hard to explain how annoyingly rare that is for me.
So fuck calling myself narcissistic for spreading my opinion on my own blog, in my own words, words which I think conveyed my point well, words which I’m proud of.
*goes through and deletes offending tags*
1 day ago April 13, 2012 6 notes #it baffles me that pride is one of the seven deadly sins #especially because i really do think it should be regarded as a virtue #probably BECAUSE I feel it so incredibly rarely #that also probably this concept comes up often in my writing #the concept of pride #i feel like i need to make it into a villain #like my characters should suffer from pride #in much the same way i suffer from lack of it #it’s just so interesting to me
Ever since reading this I’ve been a lot more conscious of the theme of pride in my writing and also in my life. There’s so many insights here. <3 I think there’s a big difference between being proud and being prideful. And if writing proud characters like Carolina can help my dismal self-esteem, maybe I should do it more.
Yeah, there’s definitely a point where it becomes bad (like everything? haha).
Pride is just such an interesting, important concept to me. And, obviously, I explore things that interest me through writing/fanfiction/everything. It’s an interesting challenge to write something you don’t feel you know very well, and I do think it’s helped me see the benefits of different characters and lifestyles in a way that reading or watching or hearing about them wouldn’t have.
I think a decent amount of the value I assign it is because when I had my life/career crisis, the trump card for me was that I didn’t feel pride from physics, but I felt proud of my writing. Once that became clear, the rest of the pieces fell into place.
completelysane asked: Fraternization, Wash insists, is against protocol. Connie knows that the only time he will let go of rules is if there is some greater, more compelling, more dangerous rule to follow somewhere else, either handed down from a commanding officer or locked inside his own brain. He won't forge ahead and break rules by himself: something has to be chasing him. It's when she realizes this that she stars wishing danger and anger and tornness upon him.
oh gosh if this isn’t just perfect.
I love that she wishes for the worst for him so that she can have him.
I love that she gets her wish.
I wonder how much guilt that leaves her with. I wonder if it’s the final straw in her deciding to leave the Project now, right now, right this second and not in a month or a week or another day.
cdhjslhfejks these two.
(thank you, seeing this in my inbox was the perfect good night present, srsly)
Anonymous asked: Agent South Dakota had earned the title of ‘The Ice Queen’ from her fellow co-workers sometime through her courier as a Freelancer. Perhaps it was derived because of her icy blue eyes or even her unnatural beauty which was said to compensate for her cold personality. Nobody really knew who created the fitting name for the young woman, but it stuck nonetheless.
(yes good headcanon’d good yes)
Anonymous asked: Agent Washington was dead. Left behind was a defeated man who was mentally and physically traumatised by the actions which lead to his meaningless existence, stuck in a canyon with a bunch of bickering idiots. Perhaps he should have been slightly more grateful to the group, but it had dawned on him, that he was damned to the remain with them until death would arrive. He was left with nothing to do but ponder, to relive and assess the incidents which created the sarcastic man he had become.
God this is amazing and so, SO spot on and I don’t know who you are but you seriously made my day with this no joke and and and this in my inbox and yes <3 YES.